December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

I always get a little sentimental and yet also hopeful on December 31st. The past year has been equally fun and memorable as it has been hard and painful.

Some highlights from 2009:
*Jordan and Jess's travels- Sunriver, Hood River, San Francisco, Mt Hood, Captiva Florida, Cannon Beach, Seattle with Grace staff, and Jordan went to Catalyst West in LA.
*Became high school leaders in August with an awesome group of kids and great leadership
*Celebrated our first anniversary! and the first anniversary of owning a home!
*Jess walk/ran a half marathon in June
*Jordan started a new job at I58:10 Media

I'm not going to list low-lights, that's no fun! But there has been a lot of change and transition in our lives this year and the unending process of refinement is often difficult but so worth it. I know Jordan and I are better because of our 2009 low-lights.

I wonder what 2010 holds? More possibilities, more memory-making and of course more difficult times too. Today I decided to do a few things to say goodbye to 2009. I went to Goodwill and got rid of that big pile in the garage, got my haircut, am sending off packages and doing returns, and I cancelled my gym membership. Yes you heard that right. I CANCELLED my membership. It felt so weird as our culture pushes us toward products and specials to get healthy this season. I didn't use it enough and the rate was about to double, no thanks! Doesn't mean I won't join somewhere else, but it was a good reminder to get rid of the excess and to live simple, enjoy my blessings, and watch what the Lord has next.

Wishing you and yours the best for 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment