March 18, 2011

vacation prep tip

Every year for the past 12 years Jordan's family has traveled to the same little island off the coast of Florida's gulf to visit his grandparents, eat amazing seafood, and enjoy sunshine and beaches! I have loved joining in our this tradition and it has become something I look forward to year after year.

I don't know about the rest of you, but it can get really spendy getting all the things we need for a vacation! It seems, without fail, that there are always two things that need retiring after the end of the summer and that I need to buy new the following spring: flip flops and sunscreen. These can add up, especially if you have sensitive skin like me!

I thought I would share a money saving tip for each of these items that I have learned recently.


Flip flops:



I purchased these shiny shoes just a few weeks ago at Target, for $13 on sale in the kid's department. That's right! I typically wear a 6 1/2 or 7 in women's shoes and I was able to fit into a girl's size 4. They even offered a size 5, so I'm sure you ladies that wear up to an 8 can benefit from this too! The other pair I was considering was $18.99 on sale, so it was a great deal to get this $13 pair! From now on, I will be scouting out the little girl shoes too.


Sunscreen:



Sunscreen is the thing we love to have and hate to use. It is a pain to put on (I usually miss several little spots!), it makes us sticky and greasy, and it can be really expensive. However, what would a little Irish girl like me do without it?
So, if you'd like to save a few dollars try buying a baby sunscreen. Instead of buying the $15-$20 Sensitive Skin/Face/Hypo-allergenic variety, purchase the Baby 55 Sunscreen. I got the Target brand (compared to Aveeno's 55 Baby) on sale for $3.50 and it works great on any sensitive spots, especially my face. Obviously they make baby sunscreen safe for delicate skin, so it's just the ticket.


So there are my little tidbits I've learned about saving money when traveling. I always have to ask myself, "Do you NEED that new shirt, shoes, dress, necklace, etc.... or do you WANT it?" That always ends up saving some cash too.

Happy Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment